Stations of Remembrance in the Brigittenau
Brigittenau used to be a district with many Jewish inhabitants. 1938 before the takeover of the National Socialists, the Jewish population made up 20 percent of the inhabitants. Then they were deprived of their rights, their dignity and their belongings. Those who couldn’t escape were deported and murdered.
2007 and 2008 five stations were set in that district at the request of family members. This year two new stations were inaugurated in Klosterneuburgerstraße 71 and in Perinetgasse 2.
For 2010 we plan to start the beginning of a ‘Path of Remembrance through Brigittenau’.